March 10, 2012

Oreos & Cream In a Glass.

I had a dinner for few friends, a couple of weeks ago. I had the menu planned and desserts ready. Last minute I felt, I must make one more dessert. That's just me! Have to have a last minute addition to the menu. I am a big fan of quick recipes and very fond of desserts in a glass. You can use a small glass/serving bowl but not very big one, smaller portions look pretty in transparent glasses.

I did a step by step guide on how to make this quick & yummy dessert.

To start off I crushed and grinded Oreos. (put them in a bag and use the rolling pin or just put them in the grinder) Spoon a tablespoon each of crushed oreos in the glasses.




The next step is the filling or the pudding. I used whipped cream mixed with Oreos (crushed pieces) & a little condensed milk. I put the mixture in the fridge for few hours and it thickened. You don't want a runny filling. You can add cream cheese to give it a creamy cheesy flavour and name it Oreo cheescake! ;)

Use anything you like, even icecream! :)

You can spoon it in the glasses, I tried to be neat and piped it.



And here it is all creamy and swirly.



Top it up with more grinded Oreos. (the same, used for the base.)





Top it off with Whipped Cream (I used cream in a can-dreamwhip/reddi whip)



Sadly I didnt take any photos of the chocolate I decorated on top (had no time!). I found this picture on the internet and it is what you can do to decorate your desserts. I used a mould, but I find thise piping chocolate and putting in the fridge to set easier.





Finally it was ready to eat and this was what was left in the morning which my friend & I enjoyed the next day, for lunch! :)



Feedback and comments are most welcome :)

5 comments:

aisha faisal said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yummmmmmmmmm,,,,,m off to kitchen,,,,cant wait to try this.......

Ali Kamali said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

nice....dats a jhat-pat yummmy recipe :)

sonia sameer said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

inshallah will try this soon..im really bad with desserts

Fatima Khan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wooowwwwww!!! u ve got talent missy :D :* when am i getting to eat it? hehe

FST said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks guys! this one is really easy to make and yummy too! :) let me know how it turned out x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...