June 7, 2008

11 weeks and a heartbeat...



11 weeks and my second appointment with the doctor. Weight and bp checked again, normal, I still hadn't gained weight and was still vomitting a LOT...the doctor said it was normal, some women had more sickness then others and it was a sign the baby was growing healthily...what a sign!

My haemoglobin was 14, that was good but the urine test was not good, I had a mild UTI, which needed instant medication because urine infections are dangerous for the mother as well as the unborn baby if not properly treated, so I got pills which I had to take for 7 days and then re-do the urine test to be sure.

Then the doctor asked me to lay down and she had that doppler thingy in her hand and I prayed to God that we hear the heartbeat, because somewhere at the back of my mid I still couldn't believe I was expecting I kept telling myself I was sick and maybe too sick!

And there it was...an echo, then some rushing sound like waves or a heartbeat?!?! It was not very clear at first, it was more of 'noise' but then the doctor smiled and said; "that is your baby saying Hi mama and papa!" and at that moment I was all teary eyed and smiling at the same time, I couldn't believe that something a size of a fig, size just over 1.5 inches...something THAT small a size could have a heartbeat!! Truly Allah's miracle!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...